- Mature content
- Plotting against yourself
- How do you say that?
- Extended time generator
- Try a little name dropping
- Does being well-read help you write?
- Talking yourself into writing
- Chemistry lessons
- Mixing past and present can get tense
- Breathing life into your words
- Playing the writing game
- Idea generator
- Follow Write about what? on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Star Wars
One of the quickest ways to make your writing voice stand out from the crowd is to master the use of literary devices. Some devices are just fancy names for specific types of diction and syntax. For example, anastrophe is … Continue reading
While diction determines word choice, syntax determines where the words are placed. Language without syntax are words strung together with no method to the madness–in other words, nonsense. Our normal syntax mimics what we have heard before. Unique syntax requires mixing … Continue reading