- Who’s the real villain?
- The most memorable kind of hero
- When do the ghosts show up?
- The sports hero’s journey
- Sports Lit
- Keeping the unknown a mystery
- Dueling Detectives
- Getting the Utopian Novel Right
- Dystopian Entertainment
- Fairy Tale or Dystopia?
- Emotionally intelligent characters?
- Longing for someplace unfamiliar
- Follow Write about what? on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: suspense
I was engrossed in a mystery that grabbed me from the beginning. Set in the mid nineteenth century it commenced with a spooky chase scene in the fog. The shadow-like suspect disappeared around the corner of a stately brownstone. Then, … Continue reading
Suspenseful writing is a dance between plausibility (what makes sense to readers), and the unexpected. Not just any unexpected events, such as inheriting a million dollars, but ominous ones, such as discovering that the previous person who inherited that same … Continue reading