- Confidence is appreciated more from the distance
- Realistic lack of confidence
- What does being agreeable have to do with over-confidence?
- How to be less confident
- Pinning down emotional intelligence
- When Emotional Intelligence is a liability
- Reading emotions
- Solving the problem of being finite
- What is important?
- Panning for e-gold
- To tell the truth
- Unnerving new genres
- Follow Write about what? on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: character
Consider the possible basic conflicts in fiction: man against environment, man against man, man against society, and man against self. In most plots the conflicts are between people. Even in Robinson Caruso and Castaway, tales of man surviving in isolation, … Continue reading
Having seen discussion boards in which people spend time arguing about the merits of fictional characters, I would assume that a number of readers prefer these imaginary people to real ones. Fictional characters may be braver, more beautiful, or have … Continue reading