- Who’s the real villain?
- The most memorable kind of hero
- When do the ghosts show up?
- The sports hero’s journey
- Sports Lit
- Keeping the unknown a mystery
- Dueling Detectives
- Getting the Utopian Novel Right
- Dystopian Entertainment
- Fairy Tale or Dystopia?
- Emotionally intelligent characters?
- Longing for someplace unfamiliar
- Follow Write about what? on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Science fiction
The difference between being believable and being realistic may not be that different between works of fantasy and novels about “real life.” Books about life as we know it are often not realistic but contain an adrenaline-charged or romanticized version … Continue reading
The movie viewer usually does not have to think as much as a person reading, with one notable exception—the occasion extraordinary science fiction film. These films were once an outlet to comment on society, often with a critical view, such … Continue reading
The places of the imagination must have some semblance to earth, or we are confused by the nonsense as we try to take in an alternate world. Usually there is one difference—one factor that is altered to set the ball … Continue reading